There are always going to be road blocks in your life. Whether it is with your job, relationships or something as silly as hitting all the red lights when you are running late for something important. This is all part of life and like the saying goes.. “what does not kill you makes you stronger.” Nowhere can this be more fitting than with getting in shape.
Planning ahead is a vital component to minimizing these road blocks. If you do not have a plan than you can almost certainly plan to fail. For example creating a work out routine that has a goal or at least a progressive nature to it is absolutely vital. Continuing to do the same thing the same way over and over again on a daily basis will not only get you nowhere but it also kills your motivation and drive to succeed.
No one is born with the determination and the focus of a champion. These are things that can be instilled early on in life from your family and friends or it may be something that you have to work on yourself since unfortunately we do not all have that luxury of support from our peers.
So how do we get past these hurdles that are holding us back with building our body. Above anything else we have to develop a effective plan of attack. Below is a list of some of the main things to zero in on while you are on your path to greatness.
- Focus on your health- This one is crucial. You can not workout or do anything effectively if you are sick and always under the weather. Eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep and keeping stress levels to a minimum should be the focal points.
- Inspiration – Be around inspiring people, read motivational stories, view heroic movies or anything else you can think of to excite yourself to bust through those roadblocks in and out of the gym.
- Setting goals- Short and long term goals are essential for any successful physique transformation plan. If you do not set goals you float around with nothing to strive for and have no solid path of where to go. Just be sure to not make them too hard that they are not attainable though.
- Reward yourself- Not rewarding yourself after reaching one of your milestones can be a big mistake. All work and no play is no way to live and eventually your motivation will falter. So be sure to set aside some time to relax and give yourself a break. This can be as simple as a cheat meal or as extravagant as a mini vacation to the Bahamas for bigger acomplishments.
- Networking – Another simple but effective tool to break through roadblocks is to meet and talk to the right people to exchange information and advice. Two heads are better than one, three heads are better than two, etc. You don’t know what you don’t know.
- Knowledge- Reading and researching as much as you can on what you want to achieve is pivotal to your future success.
Well those are just a few of the critical areas to focus on to keep yourself hungry in and out of the gym. So what tactics have you used to bust through your own roadblocks?